Little Portugal On Dundas Business Improvement Area
(The merger of the Dundas West and Little Portugal BIAs is subject to Toronto Council approval)
As a member of the proposed Little Portugal On Dundas Business Improvement (BIA),
you are invited to attend our
INAUGURAL GENERAL MEETING
Monday, April 1st, 2019, 7:00 p.m.
Community Room, Toronto Police, 14th Division,
350 Dovercourt Road, Toronto
1. Call to Order and Introductions
2. Declarations of Conflict of Interest
3. Merger of the Dundas West + Little Portugal BIAs
4. Approval of 2017 General Meeting Minutes LP BIA and Dundas West BIA
5. Approval of 2017 Audited Financial Statements LP BIA and Dundas West BIA
6. Appointment of Auditor for 2019 Financial Statements
7. Subcommittee Reports, including Dundas West Fest
8. Report from Councillors
9. Approval of the 2019 Proposed Budget (see page 3)
10.Nomination of Board Members (2019 - 2022 Term)
For more information, please contact:
(416) 540-6750, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
GENERAL MEETING INFORMATION:
The purpose of this meeting is to decide on the BIA's program and budget for 2019 (see page 3). This program is paid for by a special levy charged to BIA members. As a member of the BIA, the best way to participate in the decisions your BIA is making on your behalf is to get involved. If you wish to obtain a copy of the complete proposed budget or audited financial statement, please contact the BIA. We look forward to you attending the meeting to learn more about the improvements being made within your business area.
Only members of the BIA are eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting. In City of Toronto Municipal Code. Chapter 19, Business Improvement Members are defined as "all persons who own rateable property in a business property class and all persons who are non-residential tenants of rateable property in a business property class in a business improvement area.” A "person" is defined by Chapter 19 to include "a corporation and the heirs, executors, administrators or other legal representatives of a person to whom the context can apply according to law."
VOTING AT THE GENERAL MEETING:
Proof of BIA membership will be required. To be eligible to vote at the meeting, you must show the following at the door:
1. Photo ID, &
2. One of the following:
• a business card, or
• utility bill showing your business/tenant name and address, or
• your City of Toronto property tax bill, or
• Generally any document that proves you represent the property you…
No person in attendance shall have more than one vote.