HELP US BUILD A STRONGER BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT AREA
It’s a time of rebirth and renewal on Dundas Street West! Building on previous projects that have successfully supported area beautification, safety and economic development, Dundas West and Little Portugal BIAs are joining to create one larger Business Improvement Area stretching from Shaw Street to the CNR tracks, just west of Lansdowne Avenue.
WHY FORM ONE BIGGER BIA?
- Together, we are stronger. We will have greater economic impact for our existing businesses as we compete with malls, big box outlets and online shopping.
- A strong, distinct brand and image will help us to encourage residents and visitors to shop in our BIA and will attract new businesses.
- As one BIA we can more effectively plan the annual Dundas West Fest.
- By reducing duplication, one BIA will get a bigger bang for our BIA buck.
- Working together will allow us to be more effective in
- crime prevention
- combating graffiti
- advocating for our neighbourhood at city hall
- creating cohesive area beautification and marketing
- building a strong, healthy and safe community
March 26 - Open House / Community Consultation
- Morning 7:30 am to 9 am - IC Savings -1168 Dundas Street West
- Evening 6 pm to 7:30 pm - Lula Lounge - 1585 Dundas Street West
Join Dundas West and Little Portugal BIA board members at one of our open houses to ask questions, give feedback, set priorities and contribute the vision for our new and improved BIA.
May 7 - Public Meeting
7pm to 8:30 pm - 14 Division 350 Dovercourt Road.
Results from the March 26 event will be presented. Members will vote on the merger of the two BIAs.
Later this summer the City of Toronto will conduct a poll of all BIA members. Watch for your ballot some time over the summer and have your voice! Our first AGM for the merged BIA would take place in early 2019.
For updates and more information contact us.